Thursday 3 June 2010

C2-5K: Wk1 - Dy2 (Holy Shin Splints!)


Distance: 2.2 mi
Time: 0:40:32
Pace: 18.3 min/mi
Calories: 194

As planned I took a different route for day 2 -- hoping for less of an incline. I ended up walking the 5 minute warm up for twice as long so I could start the first run on level pavement. Little did I know that the second half of the run would be spent almost entirely uphill.

This time I started to get slightly winded by the 4th interval and I even gave myself permission to walk out any of the runs in case I felt like I was overdoing it. I managed to get to the 6th and thought I may be getting a cramp again, but instead of stopping the run entirely, I slowed the jog down and pulled through. By the time the podcast announced the 8th and final run, I was back on an incline but refused to give up.

I finished the cool down and still had 5 minutes remaining until I was home, but I have to admit it felt nice to continue walking with a nice cool breeze blowing towards me.

Hey day 3...bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment