Tuesday 13 January 2009

C2-5K: Wk 1 - Dy 1 (FAIL)

My first go was pushed to this afternoon. I set out at 4pm with my headphones in and podcast queued up.

Week one podcast starts off with a 5-minute brisk walk, to warm up, and intervals of 60 seconds running and 90 seconds walking. I was doing well until I began my circuit uphill before the 4th running interval. Up to that point I was staying as relaxed as I could be, while trying to keep my heart rate up.

When it was time to start the run again, I was too out of breath from 90 seconds of inclined walking. I decided I would walk through the 4th running interval as well as the following 90 seconds and pick it back up on the 5th. However, by the time I was halfway through the 90 seconds before my 5th run, I felt as though I would pass out. I was so out of breath and my lungs stung each time I inhaled. I managed to dig my mobile from my pocket, and make a breathless plea for Matt to come fetch me.

I plan to start again tomorrow, and if it still doesn't happen I will keep doing the Week 1 program until I can do it without feeling so out of breath. I know my limits, but I refuse to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment