Wednesday 28 January 2009

C2-5K: Wk 2 - Dy 1

I actually began week 2 yesterday, but held off on posting it. I don't feel it was as successful as it could have been, so I made the executive decision to run it again tonight rather than take a 24-hour rest break as usual. It was definitely a good choice as I had some frustrations and steam to release, so I pushed myself more. I didn't even have to cut any of my runs short this time.

Week two consists of 6 runs lasting 90-seconds each with a 2 minute brisk walking break in-between. I've also found an abbreviated route to take, which is about 2 miles long and literally ends at my front door, depending on when I start the podcast to start out. The best part is that the last couple of runs are a bit downhill, which is helpful since I'm usually knackered by run four.

I've been using some of my strategies from before...landmark goals, chanting in my head, and counting in beats. Altogether they seem to be working quite well to distract me from the fact that I am really running. I can't say that I have gotten to the point of loving it yet, but I am certainly noticing the effects the following day. I'm finding I am sleeping better on a night and when I wake up in the morning, I'm awake before long without having to "force" myself through the morning motions.

I also had my meeting tonight and discovered I lost one pound. It's not a huge loss, but I will take what I can get considering the lack of tracking I did on program. This week I will keep myself in line better with tracking the foods that go into my mouth. I even made a vow with some others at meeting tonight to aim for a stone by Easter -- which will leave me only 2.5 more stone to lose.

I've asked DH to refrain from buying me thoughtful treats of crisps and such because I know they are my vice and until I can control having them in moderation and only occasionally, I don't need to have them at all. I don't want this new desire for a healthier, more fit me to be for nothing. Ultimately I know what I want the end result to be, and I'm really sticking hard to "not giving up what I want most for what I want for the moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment