Wednesday 14 January 2009

C2-5K: Wk 1 - Dy 1 (Round 2)

SUCCESS!!

I picked a different circuit -- one with less of an incline -- and I was a superstar. I did cut some time off a couple of runs, although only about 10 seconds. I was determined to finish, but without overdoing it. By the time I reached the final run, I was considering walking that one, until the guy on the podcast said "this is your last run." That is when I knew I had to push the last one -- and I did.

The thing that helped me through this time was making mini-goals for myself. I would tell myself to try to make it to the speed limit sign or to the third drive, just to keep focused and it seemed to work. I was only about 5 minutes from the flat by the time I reached the cool down part of the program, so that was convenient.

The circuit tonight normally takes about 45-50 minutes to walk, but I was back within 35 minutes. It will be interesting to see how much time it will take to complete the same route once I get to week 3 or 4 with more running.

In other news, I'm back to my Weight Watchers meetings. I've gained 3.5 since my last meeting (a week before Christmas), but I'm totally pumped to lose it again -- especially with my new exercise regime.

Onward!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment